Tom's of Maine Rapid Relief Sensitive Fluoride-Free Fresh Mint

Tom’S Of Maine Rapid Relief Sensitive Fluoride-Free Fresh Mint

21+
Danger 19
Danger: 19

Safe for most peoples.
Medium choice.

Analyze ingredients for more information

Ingredients:


Composition analysis


The main carrier for all ingredients.
Helps dissolve other soluble ingredients. Helps the mechanical process of cleaning teeth in mouthwashes.


Benzyl alcohol is an aromatic alcohol with the formula C6H5CH2OH
Benzyl alcohol is used as a general solvent for inks, waxes, shellacs, paints, lacquers, and epoxy resin coatings. Thus it can be used in paint strippers, especially when combined with compatible viscosity enhancers to encourage the mixture to cling to painted surfaces.
Danger:
⚠⚠⚠⚠
It oxidizes rapidly in healthy individuals to benzoic acid, conjugated with glycine in the liver, and excreted as hippuric acid. Very high concentrations can result in toxic effects including respiratory failure, vasodilation, hypotension, convulsions, and paralysis. Benzyl alcohol is toxic to neonates and is associated with the gasping syndrome. Benzyl alcohol is severely toxic and highly irritating to the eye.Pure benzyl alcohol produces corneal necrosis. Benzyl alcohol is not considered to be a carcinogen, and no data are available regarding teratogenic or reproductive effects.


Danger:
Hydrated silica is listed by the US Food and Drug Administration as "Generally Recognized as Safe", however one drawback of  abrasives in toothpaste is that they may make some people's teeth sensitive, especially if they brush very hard and do not brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The dentin and the pulp that lie beneath the enamel are sensitive, says the  American Dental Association (ADA), so that why it's key to have a strong enamel.

Danger:
⚠⚠
Common side effects of sodium_bicarbonate include: Aggravated congestive heart failure (CHF) Cerebral hemorrhage Swelling (edema) High blood sodium levels Low blood calcium levels Low blood potassium levels Muscle spasms (associated with low calcium levels) Metabolic alkalosis Belching Bloating Excess fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema) Hyperosmolality Intracranial acidosis Milk-alkali syndrome

Danger:
⚠⚠⚠
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regards SLS as safe as a food additive. Regarding its use in cosmetics and body products, the safety assessment study of SLS, published in 1983 in the International Journal of Toxicology (the most recent assessment), found that it’s not harmful if used briefly and rinsed from the skin, as with shampoos and soaps. The report says that products that stay on the skin longer shouldn’t exceed 1 percent concentration of SLS. However, the same assessment did suggest some possible, albeit minimal, risk to humans using SLS. For example, some tests found that continuous skin exposure to SLS could cause mild to moderate irritation in animals. Nevertheless, the assessment concluded that SLS is safe in formulations used in cosmetics and personal care products. Because many of these products are designed to be rinsed off after short applications, the risks are minimal. According to most research, SLS is an irritant but not a carcinogen. Studies have shown no link between the use of SLS and increased cancer risk. According to a 2015 study, SLS is safe for use in household cleaning products.

Danger:
⚠⚠⚠
Ingesting large amounts of sorbitol can lead to abdominal pain, flatulence, and mild to severe diarrhea. Habitual sorbitol consumption of over 20 grams (0.7 oz) per day as sugar-free gum has led to severe diarrhea, causing unintended weight loss or even requiring hospitalization. In early studies, a dose of 25g of sorbitol, eaten through the day, produced a laxative effect in only 5% of individuals. As a result of the large molecular weight of sorbitol, when large amounts of sorbitol are ingested, only a small amount of sorbitol is absorbed in the small intestine, and most of the sorbitol enters the colon, with consequent gastrointestinal effects.

Danger:
⚠⚠
Main Routes of Exposure: Inhalation; skin contact; eye contact. Inhalation: At high concentrations: can irritate the nose and throat. Skin Contact: May cause mild irritation. Eye Contact: May cause slight irritation as a "foreign object". Tearing, blinking and mild temporary pain may occur as particles are rinsed from the eye by tears. Ingestion: Not harmful. Effects of Long-Term (Chronic) Exposure: Conclusions cannot be drawn from the limited studies available. Carcinogenicity: Possible carcinogen. May cause cancer based on animal information. Has been associated with: lung cancer.

Danger:
⚠⚠
For most people, eating foods that contain xanthan gum appears to be completely safe. While many foods contain it, it only makes up about 0.05–0.3% of a food product. Moreover, a typical person consumes less than 1 gram of xanthan gum per day. Amounts 20 times that have been proven to be safe. In fact, the Joint Expert Committee on Food Additives assigned it an acceptable daily intake of “not specified.” It gives this designation when food additives have a very low toxicity, and levels in foods are so small that they do not pose a health hazard. But people should avoid inhaling xanthan gum. Workers who handled it in powder form were found to have flu-like symptoms and nose and throat irritation. So even though you may eat many foods containing it, your intake is so small that you’re unlikely to experience either benefits or negative side effects.

Danger:
⚠⚠⚠
Xylitol is generally well tolerated, but some people experience digestive side effects when they consume too much. The sugar alcohols can pull water into your intestine or get fermented by gut bacteria. This can lead to gas, bloating and diarrhea.

Tom’s of Maine Rapid Relief Sensitive Toothpaste uses a powerful combination of arginine and calcium carbonate — both derived from natural sources — to seal the pathways to sensitive tooth nerves to help block the pain. Our patented, clinically proven formula provides relief in 60 seconds* and long-lasting protection with continuous use.
*This patented formula provides rapid relief when directly applied to the sensitive tooth with fingertip and gently massaged for 1 minute.

Fluoride free

No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives

No animal ingredients

Not tested on animals

Directions

Adults over 21 years of age: for daily sensitivity prevention and lasting relief, apply a strip of product to cover head of soft bristled toothbrush. Brush thoroughly for one minute twice daily especially at the gum lines where most tooth sensitivity occurs, or as recommended by a dental professional. Use as needed, up to twice per day or as recommended by a dental professional. Children and adolescents 21 years and younger: consult a dentist or physician.

Other Toothpastes:

0
Rated 0 out of 5
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
Excellent0%
Very good0%
Average0%
Poor0%
Terrible0%

Reviews for Tom’S Of Maine Rapid Relief Sensitive Fluoride-Free Fresh Mint

There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.

Submit your review